ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Emergency crews responded to a house in Roanoke after a construction worker had fallen after a medical issue.
Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to the 4200 block of Lake Drive SW in Roanoke for a medical call at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday.
A construction worker who was working on the house had fallen into a void area under the house.
The fall was the result of a medical issue.
The area the worker had fallen into had no exit and was not easily accessible from the floor which the patient fell through.
The Technical Rescue Team was called to extract the patient through an exterior wall.
This person was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- Lynchburg City Council to host special meeting Wednesday morning about curfew, local state of emergency status
- Pinpoint Weather: Mostly sunny and hot today; storms return Thursday.
- Several businesses damaged, looted in Hampton overnight hours after peaceful protest; multiple arrests made
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire, officials say
- North Carolina man gets 10-month sentence for threatening Muslim candidate in Virginia state Senate race