ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Emergency crews responded to a house in Roanoke after a construction worker had fallen after a medical issue.
Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to the 4200 block of Lake Drive SW in Roanoke for a medical call at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday.
A construction worker who was working on the house had fallen into a void area under the house.
The fall was the result of a medical issue.
The area the worker had fallen into had no exit and was not easily accessible from the floor which the patient fell through.
The Technical Rescue Team was called to extract the patient through an exterior wall.
This person was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- Broadband expansion moving forward in Rockbridge County, project areas revised
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- ‘Giant rat’ found in drain under Mexico City
- US Marshals recover 35 missing Ohio children
- Photos: 27 unopened coffins unearthed at Egypt’s Saqqara pyramid