CLIFTON FORGE, Va. (WFXR) — Clifton Forge Police have 39 year-old Jason Via in custody, after he led officers on a foot chase through Alleghany County.
Clifton Forge Police Department responded to a call Monday night from a residence on Venus Way. The report stated that a vehicle had been taken from that residence. Officers located the vehicle as it was returning to the area. Officers attempted to stop Via, but he fled on foot. Officers were able to take him into custody with the assistance of Virginia State Police K-9 teams and the Alleghany County Sheriff’s Office.
Via had outstanding warrants out of Albemarle County. Now in addition, he is also facing charges for felony unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, misdemeanor possession of a schedule III narcotic, eluded from law enforcement, and operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license.
Via is now in the Alleghany Regional jail, where he is being held without bond.
- With Barrett on Supreme Court, what’s the future of Roe v. Wade and abortion?
- Averett University, Danville Community College to host Caesars Entertainment employment webinar Tuesday
- Alleghany County middle school closed Tuesday after staff member tests positive for coronavirus
- Off-duty officer rescues driver from burning car in Virginia
- Group of Henry County middle schoolers going remote for two weeks after student diagnosed with COVID-19