DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — An unattended candle caused a house fire in Danville early on Christmas Eve.
A statement from the Danville Fire Department said the home at 729 Temple Avenue showed fire “from both floors and all four sides” when crews arrived around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24.
“Crews made an exterior attack and then transitioned to the inside to finish extinguishing the fire,” the statement continued.
The home’s resident made it out but was taken to the hospital for a medical issue unrelated to the fire.
The Red Cross will help the resident with temporary housing.
- Salem’s Small Business Assistance Grant program deadline extended to Dec. 4th
- Staff member in Danville Public Schools Transportation Department tests positive for COVID-19
- Small businesses in downtown Roanoke receive high turnout for Black Friday
- Instead of Black Friday shopping, many outdoors lovers flocked to Natural Bridge State Park
- You can now buy medical marijuana in Richmond