Christmas Eve house fire in Danville caused by unattended candle

Local News
This home in at 729 Temple Avenue in Danville caught fire after a candle was left unattended, the Danville Fire Department said. (Photo: Eric Pointer/WFXR News)

This home in at 729 Temple Avenue in Danville caught fire after a candle was left unattended, the Danville Fire Department said. (Photo: Eric Pointer/WFXR News)

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — An unattended candle caused a house fire in Danville early on Christmas Eve.

A statement from the Danville Fire Department said the home at 729 Temple Avenue showed fire “from both floors and all four sides” when crews arrived around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24.

“Crews made an exterior attack and then transitioned to the inside to finish extinguishing the fire,” the statement continued.

The home’s resident made it out but was taken to the hospital for a medical issue unrelated to the fire.

The Red Cross will help the resident with temporary housing.

LATEST STORIES:

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form