ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Roanoke police responded to reports of a juvenile male that was struck by a vehicle on Monday.
Police say that the incident happened in the 1000 block of Dale Avenue SE just before 4 p.m.
The child was reportedly in the roadway when it was hit.
They also say that the vehicle did not stop after it hit the child.
Roanoke Fire-EMS transported the child to the hospital with what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
Police have not released any additional information pertaining to the incident.
- Lynchburg elementary school cancels in-person classes for the week following Friday morning fire
- Driver hospitalized after Pittsylvania County ‘road rage shooting,’ Blairs fire officials say
- Schools around southwest Virginia announce delays, closures, remote learning amid Tuesday’s cold and windy weather
- Covington TAP office celebrates grand opening of new ‘Clothing Closet’ to dress those in need for free
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan