UPDATE 7:15 a.m.: The parent of the child found wandering in Amherst County has been found, according to the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office and Child Protective Services are conducting an investigation.
AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A child was found walking alone down a road in Amherst County.
On July 1, officials with the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office responded to Izaak Walton Road in the area of Tanglewood Drive, for reports of a boy walking alone.
Since the time of the call, deputies have not been able to determine the boy’s name. They have tried making contact with more than 100 residencies in the immediate area to try and find the child’s parents.
The child is approximately six years old and has blonde hair and blue eyes.
Officials say he seems to be in good health and is currently in the custody of Child Protective Services.
If you recognize this child, please call the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 946-9300.
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation
- Roanoke Fire-EMS rolls out two new ambulances with major upgrades
- UPDATE: Crews reopen I-81 North in Pulaski County following Wednesday’s fatal multi-vehicle crash; traffic still delayed for miles
- Wedding photographer captures Beirut explosion