AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Multiple agencies gathered on Wednesday morning in the Panther Falls area of Amherst County.
Police say they were following up on a tip related to their investigation into what happened to Chad Austin. They would not say what exactly they were looking for, or found.
Search and rescue crews from the Buena Vista Police Department, Virginia State Police, and the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office searched the area, starting just after 8:00 a.m.
Austin has been missing since May 28, 2019. He was last seen on May 27. His family is offering a $4,000 reward for any information leading to his whereabouts.
- Henry County officials recognize local healthcare workers for their dedication during the COVID-19 pandemic
- New species of millipede — Nannaria hokie — found at Virginia Tech
- University of Lynchburg reached carbon neutrality and here’s how they did it
- West Piedmont Health District to hold one-day COVID-19 vaccination event for 1,100 community members
- Town of Pulaski modifies, enforces ordinances to keep community clean and attractive