FLOYD, Va (WFXR) — FloydFest posted a statement early Saturday that CeeLo Green will no longer perform at the 2020 FloydFest.
Green was announced as a performer on Friday. The lineup announcement faced backlash on social media due to the singer’s alleged sexual assault.
In 2013, a woman accused Green of drugging her and having sex with her. Los Angeles prosecutors charged Green with giving the woman drugs, but decided not to file sexual assault charges.
In the post, Kris Hodges, co-founder of FloydFest, says, “When I booked CeeLo Green I had no knowledge of his past history outside of his incredible contributions to music. However, you have spoken, and I have listened.”
- Driver flees after crashing SUV through front door of Danville house
- Judge dismisses lawsuit by Charlottesville rally organizer
- One injured in Sunday morning car crash in Bedford County
- Virginia toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting: ‘It’s a miracle’
- More rain expected this week as we begin February’s final week