FLOYD, Va (WFXR) — FloydFest posted a statement early Saturday that CeeLo Green will no longer perform at the 2020 FloydFest.
Green was announced as a performer on Friday. The lineup announcement faced backlash on social media due to the singer’s alleged sexual assault.
In 2013, a woman accused Green of drugging her and having sex with her. Los Angeles prosecutors charged Green with giving the woman drugs, but decided not to file sexual assault charges.
In the post, Kris Hodges, co-founder of FloydFest, says, “When I booked CeeLo Green I had no knowledge of his past history outside of his incredible contributions to music. However, you have spoken, and I have listened.”
- One dead, another injured in Amherst shooting Saturday; 18-year-old in custody
- Low clouds linger east of the Appalachians
- Truck crash closes lanes on U.S. 29 in Nelson County
- Tractor-trailer crash, “hazardous spill” closes eastbound lanes on U.S. 460 in Roanoke County
- All lanes open on Interstate 64 after several injured in bus, tractor-trailer crash in Albemarle County