Cause of Rives Theatre fire released

Local News

Martinsville Fire & EMS ruled the fire at The Rives Theatre as accidental.

The fire happened on Sunday, September 8th.

According to Fire Officials, the origin is believed to be in an upstairs room in the left front corner, in the vicinity of a surge protector that the two refrigerators were plugged into.

All of Henry County Volunteer Fire Departments, Henry County Department of Public Safety, the City of Martinsville Police, Sheriff, Public Works, and Electric Departments helped battle the blaze.

Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Ted Anderson said, “During this time of such a tragic loss of an historical icon of Martinsville, our citizens once again have stood together to show support. This makes me proud to be a part of our great City and a servant of our citizens.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News