UPDATE 3:04 p.m.: According to VDOT, crews have cleared the scene of Friday’s tractor-trailer crash along I-77 south, allowing Carroll County traffic to resume a normal flow.
UPDATE 1:56 p.m.: VDOT says all southbound lanes are back open following a tractor-trailer crash at mile marker 10.9 on I-77, but Carroll County traffic is still backed up for approximately four miles.
CARROLL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Carroll County tractor-trailer crash has not only closed several lanes along I-77 South, but it has also backed up Friday afternoon traffic for several miles.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound left shoulder and left lane are closed at mile marker 10.9 along I-77 following the crash.
VDOT says Carroll County traffic is currently backed up for approximately 2.5 miles from the scene of the crash.
- UPDATE: Police continue searching for individuals involved in Saturday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Pinpoint Weather: Weekend wraps up quiet, rain chances ramp up in coming days
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- With few in attendance, Hokies finally open 2020 season
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24