ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Carilion Clinic released a video to their employees in honor of National Hospital Week.
Normally, this week would have featured picnics, award ceremonies, and activities planned for Carilion staff and their families, but because of the pandemic, the hospital had to get creative. The video, titled Heroes Work Here, gives a big thank you to the workers on the front lines at Carilion.
Carilion wants to make it clear that this video goes beyond nurses and doctors. This thank you goes to everyone playing a part in the hospital’s medical process.
“It’s also about our environmental services people. It’s also about our lab folks, the people who are working in radiology. It’s about our case management. It’s about every single person working in our healthcare environment,” said Carl Cline, VP and Administrator of Franklin Memorial Hospital.
This was the first year of a video tribute to staff during this week. Cline says hospital leader are hoping to hold some sort of recognition ceremony for staff virtually.
- Health departments increase Safety measures as children return to school
- Founder of Least of These Ministries speaks about recent deaths in homeless community
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- Jehovah’s Witnesses cancel in-person conventions worldwide, will stream online in 100 languages
- Recruits graduate from Roanoke Valley Regional Fire & EMS Academy