ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Carilion Clinic released a video to their employees in honor of National Hospital Week.
Normally, this week would have featured picnics, award ceremonies, and activities planned for Carilion staff and their families, but because of the pandemic, the hospital had to get creative. The video, titled Heroes Work Here, gives a big thank you to the workers on the front lines at Carilion.
Carilion wants to make it clear that this video goes beyond nurses and doctors. This thank you goes to everyone playing a part in the hospital’s medical process.
“It’s also about our environmental services people. It’s also about our lab folks, the people who are working in radiology. It’s about our case management. It’s about every single person working in our healthcare environment,” said Carl Cline, VP and Administrator of Franklin Memorial Hospital.
This was the first year of a video tribute to staff during this week. Cline says hospital leader are hoping to hold some sort of recognition ceremony for staff virtually.
- Eric Trump hosts Latinos for Trump event in Las Vegas Tuesday evening
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Hospital COVID-19 capacity at 85% in Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
- Vehicle fire cleared on I-81 in Rockbridge County
- Martin Truex, Jr. seeks third straight Martinsville win, spot in Cup final