ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A child is only as safe as their car seat. To ensure the safety of your child’s car seat, a local law enforcement agency has stepped up to help.
From 4-6 p.m. on Thursday, the Roanoke County Sheriff’s Office is offering a free car seat inspection at North County Fire & Rescue Station One.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, using a safe car seat or booster seat lowers the chances of death or serious injury for children by more than 70 percent.
However, not only does car seat safety protect kids from harm, but it protects parents from fines. Virginia law requires children under 8 to sit in a child restraint device in the car and children under 2 to be placed in a rear-facing car seat.
- Recovery Assistance Grant available to businesses in Wythe County
- Pulaski County Schools to return to in-person learning next week
- Lawmakers react to unruly presidential debate
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Roanoke County Schools recognized for innovative efforts fostering deeper learning