ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Cable barriers save lives. Just ask a WFXR News crew.
A white Ford F-150 pickup truck traveling southbound on Interstate 581 near Valley View Boulevard entered the median Tuesday afternoon and hit cable barriers installed to prevent head-on collisions. The truck was stopped from crossing the interstate, but not before traveling several dozen feet.
A WFXR News crew was northbound on I-581 at the same location when the crash happened. After hitting the barriers, smoke billowed from below the truck for several minutes.
The driver appeared uninjured after exiting the truck. It appeared no other cars were involved in the crash.
It is unknown what caused the truck to enter the median.
- Virginia could see an end to convenience store slot machines
- Gas leak in Grandin Village closes Scratch Biscuit
- Roanoke Public Schools host Trauma-Responsive Parent meeting on Wednesday
- Danville officer directing funeral traffic hit by hearse
- Danville Police learn how to intervene in a mental health crisis