AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Beginning Saturday, Feb. 15, the statewide burn ban will go into effect. The ban lasts until April 30, and does not permit burning within 30 feet of woodland, brush-land or fields, before 4 p.m.
If you have questions about the burn ban, check out the Virginia Department of Forestry’s page for list of frequently asked questions by clicking here.
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Pittsylvania County to accept trash from Martinsville, Henry County to generate added revenue
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- U.S. Marshals Service finds 13 missing children in WV and OH
- Florida woman returned 42,000 Amazon items in $100k scheme, deputies say