Unattended cooking listed as cause of house fire in Danville

Local News

Courtesy: Danville Fire Department

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire in the 100 block of Spring Avenue Sunday.

Crews got the call at 6:10 p.m., and arrived to find a small one-story house with heavy smoke and fire showing from windows and doors.

Crews had the fire under control around 6:50 p.m.

According to Battalion Chief Brian K. Alderson, the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. 

The residents, two adults and two children were able to make it out of the house safely.

They are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form