CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Christiansburg police department are investigating a bomb threat received by a health clinic this morning.
According to police, Carilion Clinic Family Medicine, located at 205 Roanoke St., received a bomb threat at about 9:03 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 9, over the telephone.
The clinic evacuated and police officers and K-9 units cleared the parking lot and building. Law enforcement walked through the area and found no evidence of a bomb.
Virginia State police investigated VelocityCare which has one digit removed from Carilion Clinic’s telephone number. No evidence was found of a bomb or a suspicious item.
- Sheriff’s Office and family plea for ‘the truth’ in Franklin County murders
- New study shows potential impact of casino in Danville
- House lawmakers work to improve military housing conditions
- New study shows benefits, risks of casino in Danville
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 14