MONTEBELLO, Va. (WFXR) — The Blue Ridge Parkway is increasing recreational access from Milepost 0 – 13, as well as opening parking at the Peaks of Otter Visitor Center and Sharp Top parking area.
On Saturday, May 23, the Blue Ridge Parkway will reopen gates to the northernmost 13 miles of the park. This is in coordination with the Shenandoah National Park planned reopening.
In addition, the Peaks of Otter Visitor Center parking area and Sharp Top parking areas will reopen.
According to the National Park Service, facilities such as campgrounds, picnic areas, restrooms and visitor centers will remain closed at this time.
Park officials still ask visitors to avoid crowding in large groups and practice social distancing, as well as avoid high-risk outdoor activities.
- The benefits of pumpkin on the skin this fall with Glamhouse Day Spa
- Virginia High School League announces guidelines for return to sports in December
- Talking about the annual Drumstick DASH with DASH the Turkey
- Lynchburg teachers describe how in-person learning is going so far
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes