ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — As a way to commemorate the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s March on Washington a little closer to home, a nonprofit Black Lives Matter organization in Franklin County is hosting a “Walk for Justice” Friday evening.
According to Black Lives Matter Franklin County, the Walk for Justice is scheduled to take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 28. Marchers are asked to meet at Mary Elizabeth Park in Rocky Mount at 4:45 p.m. before they walk by the courthouse and down to the farmers’ market.
“This will be a historic moment for Franklin County so please come out in record numbers!” organizers stated in the Facebook event description for Walk for Justice.
The event will also feature live musical performances, food from Imagine Feeding5000, a variety of vendors, a bounce house, and more, according to Black Lives Matter Franklin County.
WFXR News is set to have a crew present for the Walk for Justice in Rocky Mount.
- Rep. Cawthorn warned after bringing knife to Henderson Co. School Board meeting
- World’s largest tree wrapped in aluminum blanket as wildfire races toward historic Giant Forest
- Instagram chief faces criticism after comparing social media to cars
- Jen Psaki confirms Nicki Minaj was offered ‘conversation’ with White House doctor, comments on confusion over invite
- Pfizer releases side effects experienced after booster shots