ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — For the next week and a half, the Berglund Center will honor Roanoke City Public Schools’ Class of 2020 in a big and bright way, encouraging the whole Star City to celebrate these students’ accomplishments after a chaotic semester.
From now until Sunday, May 31, officials say the two marquees outside the Berglund Center will include a generic congratulatory message for the Class of 2020 among the rotation of other messages.
However, from Monday, June 1 to Wednesday, June 3, the Berglund Center marquees will display “CONGRATULATIONS WILLIAM FLEMING CLASS OF 2020” and “CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK HENRY CLASS OF 2020” in rotation with other messages, according to Roanoke City Public Schools.
In addition, on Thursday, June 4, school officials say the Berglund Center will make sure messages specific to Roanoke City’s high school graduates will be the only messages on display for multiple six-hour slots:
- “CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK HENRY CLASS OF 2020” will be the only message running from 6 a.m. to noon.
- “CONGRATULATIONS WILLIAM FLEMING CLASS OF 2020” will be the only message running from noon to 6 p.m.
- “CONGRATULATIONS WILLIAM FLEMING CLASS OF 2020” and “CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK HENRY CLASS OF 2020” will run in rotation from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Extra safety precautions to be in place ahead of students’ arrival at North Cross School in Roanoke
- Shriners cancel Clifton Forge Fall Festival due to COVID-19