BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man faces multiple charges following an hours-long standoff with Bedford County authorities at his residence on Sunday.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, in the early morning hours of Sunday, May 10, deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance on Lilac Road in the Moneta area.
The sheriff’s office says deputies tried to take 34-year-old James Roy Fulk of Bedford into custody, but he barricaded himself in his residence. After a multi-hour standoff, authorities say Fulk exited the residence and they took him into custody without further incident.
Fulk — who is being held without bond at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail — has been charged with one count of obstruction of justice and one count of domestic assault, according to the sheriff’s office.
- Hokies All-Access Minute (May 30, 2020)
- Virginia Tech students build golf course in home
- City Manager for Roanoke City releases update as protests continue
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard