BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man faces multiple charges following an hours-long standoff with Bedford County authorities at his residence on Sunday.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, in the early morning hours of Sunday, May 10, deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance on Lilac Road in the Moneta area.
The sheriff’s office says deputies tried to take 34-year-old James Roy Fulk of Bedford into custody, but he barricaded himself in his residence. After a multi-hour standoff, authorities say Fulk exited the residence and they took him into custody without further incident.
Fulk — who is being held without bond at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail — has been charged with one count of obstruction of justice and one count of domestic assault, according to the sheriff’s office.
- VDH: 1,608 new COVID-19 cases; 15 new hospitalizations in Virginia as of Saturday
- Va. reports 1,063 adverse reactions with over 5 million COVID vaccines administered
- Prince Philip’s funeral live updates: The Duke of Edinburgh being laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, April 16, 2021