LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Lynchburg Police have been receiving information regarding bear sightings in the Boonsboro area.
With the increased warmer weather, many bears have not yet begun their hibernation.
There are steps you can take to alleviate a potential threat to life or property.
- Remove food attractants such as bird feeders, garbage and pet food from around the residence, including elevated decks. Black bears are very skilled climbers and can easily climb to where they can access food;
- Store garbage in a garage, shed or in a bear-proof container until trash pick-up day, and;
- Talk to neighbors and friends to remind them to follow these steps.
For more tips, visit the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website.
- Firework stands sell legal products, amid a spike in illegal firework complaints
- Inmate dies after apparent attack at Red Onion State Prison in far SWVA
- What’s next for Richmond monuments? Virginians weigh-in
- NC’s H2OBX will not be opening for the 2020 season
- Newport News 11-year-old gets special welcome home after spending weeks in hospital