LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Lynchburg Police have been receiving information regarding bear sightings in the Boonsboro area.
With the increased warmer weather, many bears have not yet begun their hibernation.
There are steps you can take to alleviate a potential threat to life or property.
- Remove food attractants such as bird feeders, garbage and pet food from around the residence, including elevated decks. Black bears are very skilled climbers and can easily climb to where they can access food;
- Store garbage in a garage, shed or in a bear-proof container until trash pick-up day, and;
- Talk to neighbors and friends to remind them to follow these steps.
For more tips, visit the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website.
- 34K chickens die in farm fires in North Carolina, Virginia
- Meet Tia
- Tate Tuck
- Todd’s Jewelry
- The ultimate menu for your Big Game party