LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — River Ridge Mall in Lynchburg welcomed its first bar.
Iron and Ale had their grand opening Monday at their new location in the shopping center, bringing a smaller version of their Cornerstone Street location menu.
Mall officials say it’s part of their plan to fight the nation-wide trend of malls and retailers closing, by adding entertainment and dining to River Ridge.
“We really want to bring more businesses in that are locally owned,” said Katie Farris, Marketing Manager of River Ridge Mall, “that are community-loved favorites, and we’re so excited to partner with Iron and Ale on this project. It really is the completion of our phase 1, which is what we’re standing in right now.”
Iron and Ale has opened up in the mall’s newly renovated space, which includes amphitheater steps, charging stations, new seating, a fireplace, and other amenities.
Those renovations were completed last fall, right before Black Friday, according to Farris.
- Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick
- Pulaski County encourages residents to follow CDC guidelines to prevent coronavirus spread
- Baby black bear visits Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center of Roanoke