DANVILLE, Va (WFXR) — A phased, on-campus reopening will take place at Averett University during the fall semester to ensure the safety of students.
The university announced Wednesday, June 17 plans to use social distancing markers and signage in all facilities to make sure all students stay a safe distance from each other. Averett will also be working closely with local health officials to understand the best health and safety guidelines.
Move-in for on-campus housing will take place over an extended period of time in August to have a phased plan for student move in. Students will receive information on move-in dates in the upcoming weeks.
- How weather impacts our fall foliage
- Hoffman reflects on long-awaited Hokies debut
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker