ALTAVISTA, Va. (WFXR) — The Campbell County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a deadly shooting around the River Bend Road area on Monday, Nov. 25.
The Sheriff’s Office were informed about a possible shooting that indicated a male victim was shot during a dispute. The location and condition of the victim were not provided.
The victim — Christopher James Tench, 26, of Lynchburg — was eventually located on a private property in Pittsylvania County. Tench was already deceased and his body was transported to the Roanoke Medical Examiner’s Office.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, Tench’s cause of death appears to be a gunshot wound.
Anyone with information about this ongoing homicide investigation should call Investigator Stuart Herndon at (434) 332-9574.
- Patrick Henry Community College receives new heavy-equipment simulators
- Holiday spending likely lower this season, according to Roanoke College Poll
- Roanoke County Police offers advice to prevent “Grinches” from stealing Christmas
- Roanoke City Public Schools, community partners give away 400 boxed meals for Thanksgiving
- Bedford County Sheriff, schools, local business team to provide needy families with pre-Thanksgiving dinners