FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An investigation into a Saturday night shots fired call in Franklin County has turned into an investigation into the homicide of a Glade Hill man.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office announced on Saturday, March 14 that deputies responded to a shots fired call on Greenway Road in Glade Hill at approximately 7:25 p.m. that night.
On Sunday, March 15, authorities released a statement that Jon-Matthew Sheffield, 35, sustained a fatal gunshot wound during a fight and was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, this was an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community, but the investigation is still ongoing.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville