ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) —An arrest has been made in a shooting that injured a man in the early morning hours on Saturday in southwest Roanoke.
The Roanoke Police Department says at approximately 2 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12, officers responded to a report of a person with a gunshot wound in the 700 block of Bridge Street SW. A man with multiple gunshot wounds was transported by Roanoke Fire-EMS to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
A woman was also reportedly injured and was transported for treatment. Police believe the woman was injured in a physical fight involving several people prior to the man being shot.
According to the department’s statement released on Sunday, Sept. 13, officers took 51-year-old Ahmad Mubdi into custody without incident overnight in connection with the shooting.
Police say Mubdi is charged with malicious wounding, but the investigation is still ongoing.
- Friday Night Blitz Previews: Narrows Green Wave
- Texas man accused of flying drone over prison to deliver drugs, contraband
- What is the Espionage Act?
- Top Democrats request damage assessment, review of documents taken at Mar-a-Lago
- “It gets two feet high in an instant”: Danville neighborhood faces frequent flash floods