AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Amherst County School Board moved back the school system’s start date at last night’s special meeting. It also voted to require masks.
The vote on moving the school year from an August 26 start date to September 9 passed by a six to one vote. The requirement for face masks passed by a vote of five to two.
A previously announced plan from Amherst County has students in elementary schools attending class on a hybrid schedule while secondary students will attend two days per week on a staggered schedule with tasks to complete at home during off days.
Watch the complete meeting of the Amherst County School Board in the YouTube video below.
- Drive thru COVID-19 testing available Tuesday in Buena Vista
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming
- VDH reports 1,242 new coronavirus cases, 29 new deaths as of Friday
- Virginia Dept. of Corrections offering care packages to inmates who get flu shots during pandemic
- Bilingual newspaper celebrates heritage, keeps Latino community connected