AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Amherst County School Board moved back the school system’s start date at last night’s special meeting. It also voted to require masks.
The vote on moving the school year from an August 26 start date to September 9 passed by a six to one vote. The requirement for face masks passed by a vote of five to two.
A previously announced plan from Amherst County has students in elementary schools attending class on a hybrid schedule while secondary students will attend two days per week on a staggered schedule with tasks to complete at home during off days.
Watch the complete meeting of the Amherst County School Board in the YouTube video below.
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Live video: President Trump visits the Whirlpool plant in Clyde
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms expected with gusty winds and heavy rain into the night
- Liberty keeps three ACC matchups in 2020 football schedule
- Young boy becomes state trooper for a day with help from Rocky Mount law enforcement, K9