AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Amherst County School Board moved back the school system’s start date at last night’s special meeting. It also voted to require masks.
The vote on moving the school year from an August 26 start date to September 9 passed by a six to one vote. The requirement for face masks passed by a vote of five to two.
A previously announced plan from Amherst County has students in elementary schools attending class on a hybrid schedule while secondary students will attend two days per week on a staggered schedule with tasks to complete at home during off days.
Watch the complete meeting of the Amherst County School Board in the YouTube video below.
- Delays expected after Henry County crash closes down US-58 East
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Walmart Black Friday: PS5, more deals go live
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers end early, then sunny and warmer for the afternoon
- Family displaced after overnight chimney fire spreads to attic in Roanoke County