COVINGTON, Va. (WFXR) – According to a social media post, an employee at the Alleghany Regional Jail in Covington has tested positive for COVID-19.
The post indicates that contact tracing efforts are currently ongoing and no inmates have reportedly been exposed.
In an abundance of caution, all inmate programs have been suspended until further notice and the front door of the office is locked and only available for emergencies.
- NRV trash pickup company partners with food pantry
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke