UPDATE 7:11 a.m.: VDOT says crews cleared the scene of the crash that closed down all southbound lanes along U.S. Route 11 in Botetourt County Thursday morning, thus reopening the road to southbound motorists.
BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Botetourt County motorists are asked to expect delays Thursday morning due to lane closures following a vehicle crash along U.S. Route 11 South.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), all southbound lanes are closed on U.S. Route 11 near Lee Highway, Wheatland Road, and Route 639 in Botetourt County.
VDOT has not released an exact update on the traffic backup at this time, but says delays are expected.
- Motorcycle driver trying to escape Virginia state trooper killed in collision with truck, police say
- Deerfield Correctional Center reports 15th inmate death from COVID-19
- Sheriff’s office: Bland County deputy injured while serving emergency custody order
- Positive coronavirus case reported from Floyd County elementary school
- Pinpoint Weather: A few spotty showers possible today; showers and storms more likely tomorrow.