UPDATE 7:49 a.m.: Motorists have once again backed up for a mile along I-81 North in Botetourt County, but VDOT tweeted that all northbound lanes have reopened at mile marker 167.5.
UPDATE 7:19 a.m.: Despite the continued closure of all northbound lanes at mile marker 167.5 on I-81 following an early morning crash, VDOT says the Botetourt County traffic backup has disappeared.
UPDATE 5:47 a.m.: The northbound lanes of I-81 are still closed near mile marker 167.5 due to the Botetourt County tractor-trailer crash, but the delays have dropped down to only one mile, according to VDOT.
UPDATE 4:31 a.m.: The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says traffic is currently backed up for at least 3.5 miles along I-81 North due to a tractor-trailer crash at mile marker 167.5.
According to VDOT, since all northbound lanes are closed, a detour is directing all northbound traffic off at Exit 162, onto U.S. 11 North, and back onto I-81 North at Exit 167.
BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A tractor trailer wreck is causing delays on I-81 at mile marker 167.5.
All northbound lanes are closed.
- Rustburg High School confirms positive COVID-19 case
- Virginia Tech provides COVID-19 update, shows 130 new cases since last week
- Pinpoint Weather: Still feeling fall-like as we approach the first day of autumn
- Broadband expansion moving forward in Rockbridge County, project areas revised
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally