UPDATE 2:10 p.m.: VDOT is reporting that all lanes of Route 220 south of Clearbrook have been reopened.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation says all northbound and southbound lanes are closed on part of Route 220 in Roanoke County due to a downed utility line.
The utility line came down near mile marker 54 on Route 220, about three miles south of Clearbrook, according to VDOT.
Roanoke County traffic is currently backed up for one mile, VDOT says.
- The aftermath: SERVPRO responds to hundreds of calls after floodwaters recede
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Sunday flooding conditions lead to evacuations and swift water rescues in Henry, Botetourt, and Franklin counties
- Hundreds participate in birthday parade for 1-year-old Walmart shooting survivor
- Craig County cancels Demolition Derby event
- Families flock to Virginia Jellystone Park campgrounds for Memorial Day weekend