WASHINGTON, D.C. (WFXR) – U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao announced on Tuesday that the Trump Administration will award nearly $800 million in airport safety and infrastructure grants through the Federal Aviation Administration to nearly 350 airports across 46 states and four territories.
Two of these airports are in our area and include the William M. Tuck Airport in Halifax as well as Lynchburg Regional/Preston Glenn Field in Lynchburg.
The William M. Tuck Airport will receive a total of $80,000 to install perimeter fencing.
Lynchburg Regional/Preston Glenn Field will receive a total of $2,050,000 to construct and rehabilitate an apron and rehabilitate the taxiway.
View the map of each airport receiving grant money below:
- Carlisle announces plans for the fall semester
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong storms possible Sunday afternoon and evening
- Crews on scene at brush fire in Campbell County
- Man who was allegedly on the run from police crashes vehicle in Bedford County
- Roanoke Police investigate overnight shooting on Prillaman Avenue