RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — A 67-year-old man was arrested after Radford police officers responded to a call about a man with a knife threatening employees at a deli on Tuesday afternoon.
The Radford City Police Department says officers were dispatched to the West-End Deli Mart at 2307 West Main Street at approximately 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31 in reference to a man threatening employees with a knife.
According to the department, the man ran away before officers arrived, but they obtained a description of the man and his vehicle and were able to locate and arrest him without incident.
Police say 67-year-old Hoover Ray Meeks of Fieldale faces charges for three counts of assault and one count of reckless driving. Meeks is being held at New River Valley Regional Jail without bond, the department says.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville