CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An investigation is underway after a vehicle crash in Charlotte County claimed the life of a local man last week.
According to Virginia State Police, the single-vehicle fatal crash took place at 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19 in the 2900 block of Red House Road.
Police say a 1995 Toyota Corolla was heading south on Route 727 when it ran off the right side of the road. However, the driver reportedly overcorrected, causing the vehicle to cross over the road, run off the left side, and hit a tree.
The driver — identified as 65-year-old John P. Risden of Phenix — was not wearing a seatbelt and died at the scene, Virginia State Police say.
The crash part of an ongoing investigation.
- North Cross Raiders prep for season opener
- Pulaski Supervisors raise concerns over scheduled Radford University rally
- Police investigate armed robbery at Meadowgreen Market in Bassett
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil