BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Two children were hospitalized and a man was arrested in connection with a shots fired call in Bedford County on Sunday night.
The Bedford County Sheriff’s Office says a 911 call came in at 7:02 p.m. on Sunday, April 5 reporting two people had been shot on Old County Road. According to the sheriff’s office, deputies, state troopers, and first responders were dispatched to the scene.
Two victims — ages 5 and 12 — were transported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital with injuries that authorities say were possibly caused by the broken window glass of the vehicle they were sitting in at the time of the shots fired. As of 8:49 a.m. on Monday, April 6, the condition of the victims is unknown.
The sheriff’s office arrested 45-year-old Ricky Blake and charged him with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, shooting into an occupied vehicle, and two counts of felonious malicious wounding. Blake is being held without bond at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail’s Bedford Adult Detention Center, authorities say.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, the investigation is still ongoing.
- Local Paralympian battles coronavirus while living abroad
- Retired Marine stands 24 hours straight to raise awareness about veteran suicide
- Biscuits and Gray, the Oregon kitten born with two faces, dies
- 20 hikers rescued from Devil’s Bathtub area in Virginia after stranded during Sunday’s thunderstorms
- Virginia man faces charges for fatal West Virginia crash involving utility terrain vehicle