ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — More than 2,700 customers were without power for a time in southeast Roanoke.
An outage map from Appalachian Power showed 2,769 customers without power in southeast Roanoke and the Cave Spring area.
The outage was concentrated along Electric Road and Brambleton Avenue/U.S. 221.
Teresa Hamilton Hall, a spokesperson for Appalachian Power, said the outage was caused by a squirrel.
Anna Cloeter, director for elections for Roanoke County, said two voting sites were briefly impacted by the outage.
“We use paper ballots, so voting was able to continue as normal,” she said.
Power was restored around 11:40 a.m.
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City
- Pittsylvania County residents to vote on sales tax referendum
- Man charged with cutting down 150 trees in Missouri
- Angels of Assisi adopts ‘Petco Love Lost’ technology to help reunite lost pets with their families