ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — More than 2,700 customers were without power for a time in southeast Roanoke.
An outage map from Appalachian Power showed 2,769 customers without power in southeast Roanoke and the Cave Spring area.
The outage was concentrated along Electric Road and Brambleton Avenue/U.S. 221.
Teresa Hamilton Hall, a spokesperson for Appalachian Power, said the outage was caused by a squirrel.
Anna Cloeter, director for elections for Roanoke County, said two voting sites were briefly impacted by the outage.
“We use paper ballots, so voting was able to continue as normal,” she said.
Power was restored around 11:40 a.m.
- Man arrested in Altavista sexual assault case
- Newsfeed Now: Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at US Capitol, protests continue across the country
- The importance of good foot support with the Good Foot Store
- Continued unemployment claims down 55% since May, initial claims down 95% since April
- Central Virginia Health District to offer free flu shots in Lynchburg, Bedford over next week