SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — CommUNITY Church in Salem is getting ready for its third year of Wheels for Hope.
The church has purchased 255 bicycles, all bound for Welch Elementary School in Welch, WV. There’s not a set schedule for when the bikes will be delivered, because of the Coronavirus, but church members are eager to delivery these bikes to kids who could really use them.
Pastor for CommUNITY Church Tom McCracken said “To see the expression on a child’s face after you give them a brand-new bicycle, out of the blue, from people they don’t even know, it just, sort of, reveals to them that they’re not alone through whatever trial they’re going through.”
Along with the bicycles, the kids will also be receiving a helmet and a Gospel of John.
- Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office receives hand-written letters, sweets from local Farm Bureau committee
- Young promotes Giltner to Hokies’ assistant coach
- Generals’ virtual 5K hopes to tackle social issues, end racism
- Younger demographic of West Virginians test positive for COVID-19
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?