SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — CommUNITY Church in Salem is getting ready for its third year of Wheels for Hope.
The church has purchased 255 bicycles, all bound for Welch Elementary School in Welch, WV. There’s not a set schedule for when the bikes will be delivered, because of the Coronavirus, but church members are eager to delivery these bikes to kids who could really use them.
Pastor for CommUNITY Church Tom McCracken said “To see the expression on a child’s face after you give them a brand-new bicycle, out of the blue, from people they don’t even know, it just, sort of, reveals to them that they’re not alone through whatever trial they’re going through.”
Along with the bicycles, the kids will also be receiving a helmet and a Gospel of John.
- Loosened COVID-19 guidelines take effect in Virginia; Blacksburg restaurants react
- Lynchburg LGBTQ groups condemn fire captain over transphobic Facebook post
- Bill providing scholarships, economic development programs at five public colleges, universities in Virginia heads to Gov. Northam’s desk
- Lynchburg protestor’s charges will not be pursued
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine means ‘rapid progress’ in March