Attorneys for both sides presented their closing arguments Wednesday in the case of Kevin Soto Bonilla, an alleged MS-13 gang member who is one of the men accused of killing Lynchburg teenager, Raymond Wood, in 2017.
The jury began deliberating just after 2:15 p.m.
Soto Bonilla has been charged with robbery, abduction, gang participation, and capital murder. If convicted of the capital murder charge, Soto Bonilla faces life in prison or the death penalty.
- LFA KIDS Consignment Pop-Up Sale at the Berglund Center
- Police offer safety tips after disappearance of North Carolina man following ‘online car sale that went horribly wrong’
- Roanoke County Fire & Rescue awarded nearly $3 million grant to hire new staff
- University of Lynchburg down to five active COVID-19 cases among students, staff as of Friday
- UPDATE: Authorities share pictures of man wanted in connection with armed robbery at Meadow Green Market in Bassett