ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was admitted to the hospital this past weekend.
According to a statement from the Carter Center, the 39th U.S. President was receiving treatment at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus, Georgia, for a urinary tract infection.
“He is feeling better and looks forward to returning home soon,” according to the statement.
Carter spent two weeks in November recovering from surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.
- Northam wants ‘strict’ ban on holding phones while driving
- 49ers fans in Miami hit beaches days before the big game
- Sorry, SweetHeart: popular Valentine’s candy returns, but most are blank
- Kobe Bryant’s death brings sadness to Super Bowl festivities in South Beach
- Salem passes new ordinances opening the door to a new housing development coming to the region