ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was admitted to the hospital this past weekend.
According to a statement from the Carter Center, the 39th U.S. President was receiving treatment at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus, Georgia, for a urinary tract infection.
“He is feeling better and looks forward to returning home soon,” according to the statement.
Carter spent two weeks in November recovering from surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.
- Firework stands sell legal products, amid a spike in illegal firework complaints
- Inmate dies after apparent attack at Red Onion State Prison in far SWVA
- What’s next for Richmond monuments? Virginians weigh-in
- NC’s H2OBX will not be opening for the 2020 season
- Newport News 11-year-old gets special welcome home after spending weeks in hospital