ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – A social media post from the victim of a burglary is pleading to have her special items that were stolen, returned.
The note reads, “To the young man who waiting for the ambulance to take me to the ER, then robbed my house, please return my honor badge, my 2 military honor pins [and] my millitary (sic) honor bracelets. These items are from my children. A part of my soul. I beg of you to just return these three items please.”
WFXR News did some digging. We contacted Roanoke City Police who tell us this was a burglary on Huntington Boulevard Northwest on Oct. 25.
When officers got to the home, they noticed signs of a break-in.
They say several items were stolen, though was unable to confirm what exactly was taken.
WFXR News will continue working on this story and will bring you updates as we get them.
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers work their way out of the region, slight rain chance lingers into Sunday
- New Wytheville treatment center combating substance abuse
- HSFB: Christiansburg at Lord Botetourt
- Rain halts Cup Series race in Martinsville; will resume Sunday
- Car crashes into northeast Roanoke building, one seriously injured