ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Blue Ridge Parkway wants the public’s input in a proposal to temporarily shutdown the roadway for next year’s Ironman competition.
The Ironman group submitted a special permit request to allow for cycling, as part of the triathlon, on the Parkway on Sunday, June 7.
The proposal includes a temporary, full closure of the Parkway motor road in both directions from Milepost 91 to 112, near Roanoke, for several hours to the full day.
Comments can be submitted using this form.
The comment period is open through Friday, Nov. 22.
- Virginia state trooper placed on administrative leave after video shows him making threats, pulling man from vehicle during traffic stop
- Poolside Miracle: Parents share ‘miraculous’ revival after son’s near-drowning
- LIVE: Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’
- Carilion Community Health and Outreach partners with Giles County Christian Mission to hold free face mask education session
- In the open: White House advisers tussle over virus response