ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Blue Ridge Parkway wants the public’s input in a proposal to temporarily shutdown the roadway for next year’s Ironman competition.
The Ironman group submitted a special permit request to allow for cycling, as part of the triathlon, on the Parkway on Sunday, June 7.
The proposal includes a temporary, full closure of the Parkway motor road in both directions from Milepost 91 to 112, near Roanoke, for several hours to the full day.
Comments can be submitted using this form.
The comment period is open through Friday, Nov. 22.
- Roanoke police officers break up fight after basketball game at Patrick Henry
- Driving instructor offers tips for driving in freezing rain
- Washington Huddle: Social Media HQ Week 15
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 15
- Auto shop owner denies drug activity at business, states guns seized by law enforcement were his