ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A Roanoke Police Department cruiser was involved in a cash near the intersection of Orange Avenue and Greensboro Road.
While responding to the call of an officer involved shooting, a Roanoke Police cruiser was involved in a crash at the intersection of Gainsboro Road and Orange Avenue NW. The officer was driving east on Orange Avenue when the crash occurred when he struck three vehicles.
“Several individuals are being transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries,” the email from police said.
The crash closed the Exit 4W southbound ramp off of Interstate 581.
There is no estimate for when the ramp may re-open. Traffic has backed up in proximity of the wreck.
- Bedford County Sheriff’s Office mourns loss of former K-9
- Amazon robotics fulfillment center with over 1,000 jobs coming to Henrico County
- Virginians receiving unemployment benefits will need to report their weekly job searches starting June 5
- Chesterfield Police arrest, fire officer for soliciting photos from 17-year-old
- VSP to investigate deputy-involved shooting in Spotsylvania