SALEM, Va. (WFXR) – The Virginia Department of Transportation wants your thoughts on ways to improve a five-mile section of Route 460 in Roanoke and Roanoke County.
VDOT has a meeting scheduled on Thurs., Nov. 21 at Berglund Center in Roanoke between 4 and 6 p.m.
Anyone interested in sharing input can also take an online survey that is open until Dec. 1, 2019. That survey can be found by clicking here.
The specific section of Route 460 that VDOT is looking to improve is between Williamson Road and Cloverdale Road (Route 220-Alternate).
VDOT says this section of Route 460 sees an average of 40,000 vehicles per day and experiences significant congestion during weekday peak commute times.
The meeting will be held in an “open house” format with no formal presentation.
Citizens will be able to speak with representatives from the study team, complete the survey and provide input on the transportation needs of that span of the roadway.
- Ex-defense chief Mattis denounces Trump for dividing Americans
- East Texas school district disputing claims after student told she couldn’t walk because of hair
- She stole $27,000 from an elementary school’s PTA and spent it on herself, deputies say
- Don’t throw it out: What to do if you trashed your stimulus debit card
- Center for American Progress releases guidelines to combat police brutality, amid recent protests