WASHINGTON (WFXR) — Central and Southwest Virginia Honor Flight took 14 veterans to Washington over the weekend.
Friday’s trip began at the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, before heading to Charlottesville where more veterans embarked.
Individual veterans were honored for their sacrifice and contributions to armed conflicts.
Members from every branch of the military were there; as well as veterans of World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.
This latest trip came on the anniversary of the first trip for the Central and Southwest Virginia Honor Flight.
The return trip also coincided with the Navy’s 244th anniversary of the branch’s creation.
- Drive thru COVID-19 testing available Tuesday in Buena Vista
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming
- VDH reports 1,242 new coronavirus cases, 29 new deaths as of Friday
- Virginia Dept. of Corrections offering care packages to inmates who get flu shots during pandemic
- Bilingual newspaper celebrates heritage, keeps Latino community connected