MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A Harvest Grant award will support building upgrades to make room for a cafe or sandwich shop in Bassett.
The Henry County Furniture Museum received the $35,900 grant, which makes up 20 percent of the total project budget, to create a dining option for residents and visitors to the area.
The museum owns the building, located at 188 Reed Stone Street, which will house the shop.
“With the Bassett Train Station Event Center located just across the street, and the success of the GBAC (Greater Bassett Area Community) cruise-ins, having dining options nearby will keep patrons in the immediate area for longer periods of time,” said Jeb Bassett, of the Henry County Furniture Museum organization.
- Restaurant owners fear pandemic in winter could end their livelihoods
- Two weeks away: These are the key dates heading to Election Day
- 14 days out: Does the early voting surge translate into support for Trump or Biden?
- VDH Tuesday update: 926 new COVID-19 cases, 28 new deaths reported around Virginia; 92 new cases reported in Roanoke City, County
- Person associated with Floyd County Public Schools tests positive for COVID-19