(WFXR) — Could there be a link between babies taking antibiotics and childhood allergies?
Research published in JAMA Pediatrics medical journal found children who take antibiotics before six-months-old are more likely to develop food allergies, asthma, and dermatitis. Scientists think it’s because of how antibiotics affect gut bacteria.
They note the study does not prove antibiotics cause allergies.
- Communities across southwest, central Virginia celebrate holiday season with weekend festivities
- Fostering Joy for Christmas event with G.O.D.S. Foundation
- New Horizons Healthcare celebrating 20 years in the community
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Pinpoint Weather: Heavy rain expected tonight followed by gusty winds Saturday morning