WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Starting Monday, Wythe County Public Schools says all students will revert to entirely remote learning until further notice due to a recent surge in the county’s coronavirus cases.
This news comes less than two months after Wythe County students began transitioning to in-person learning.
According to Wythe County Public Schools, the 100 percent distance learning plan will go into effect Monday, Dec. 7, for PreK through 12th grade students.
Students will attend school virtually based on the current 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. schedule, but school officials say students may be asked to come to school for assessments, remediation, or other services. Here are the weekly expectations for students, according to the school district:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: Students with internet access will attend each class through live meets/call ins and complete their assignments. However, students without internet access need to contact the school to discuss instructions accommodations, or complete all assigned work and maintain frequent communication with teachers.
- Wednesday: Students will have the chance to attend live-meets in their classes, but assignments for the day need to be completed as assigned by teachers.
While Wythe County Public Schools is operating on an entirely remote learning plan, school officials say there will be no extracurricular activities, sports, or athletic workouts.
In addition, meal delivery or pickup will reportedly be available, weather permitting, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, meal delivery — which will follow the Wythe County Public Schools calendar — needs to be ordered in advance, according to the school district.
- LIVE: Trump lands in Florida ahead of Biden inauguration
- Downed power line leads to Roanoke County brush fire on Wednesday
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- Man brought to hospital after found shot in northwest Roanoke, police say
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history