MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — People who fall under Phase 1b priority group in the West Piedmont Health District (WPHD) may sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine beginning Monday, Jan. 25.
Those who fall under Phase 1b include:
- Police, fire, and hazmat response personnel
- Those living and working in correctional facilities, homeless shelters, and migrant labor camps
- Childcare/K-12 teachers and staff
- Food and agriculture workers
- Grocery store workers
- Public transit workers, mail carriers (USPS and private) and anyone age 65 or over.
The links for electronic pre-registration will be available on the WPHD website and on their Facebook pages. Paper copies will be available at the health departments in Rocky Mount, Martinsville, and Stuart; and public libraries, municipal buildings, and chambers of commerce at Smith Mountain Lake and Martinsville, although electronic pre-registrations are preferred.
Those who sign up will be contacted individually for an appointment as soon as vaccines are available.
The WPHD and its partners plans on having one or more mass vaccination events in the future. Once scheduled, these events will be broadcasted through social media, on the WPHD website and through the media.
In order to pre-register for the vaccine, follow this link.