CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The director of the New River Health District, Dr. Noelle Bissell, held a virtual news conference Tuesday afternoon to share the latest information on the local impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
This Zoom briefing comes after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 2,007 new COVID-19 cases, 73 new virus-related hospitalizations, and 18 new virus-related deaths around the Commonwealth on Tuesday, Sept. 7.
The VDH says 58 of those new cases and four of those new hospitalizations are from the following localities in the New River Health District:
- Floyd County: Five new cases
- Giles County: Eight new cases
- Montgomery County: 27 new cases and one new hospitalization
- Pulaski County: 16 new cases and two new hospitalizations
- Radford: Two new cases and one new hospitalization
If you want to sign up to get a coronavirus vaccine or learn more about vaccinations in the New River Health District, click here.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list