CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — On Monday afternoon, Dr. Noelle Bissell — the director of the New River Health District — will share the latest information about the coronavirus pandemic and local vaccination efforts.
You can watch Dr. Bissell’s news conference above.
This Zoom briefing comes after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 3,945 new COVID-19 cases, 128 new hospitalizations, and 77 new virus-related deaths between Friday, Oct. 22 and Monday, Oct. 25.
The VDH says 109 of those new cases, two of those new hospitalizations, and six of those new deaths are from the following localities in the New River Health District:
- Floyd County: 16 new cases and one new hospitalization
- Giles County: 13 new cases
- Montgomery County: 30 new cases and two new deaths
- Pulaski County: 38 new cases, one new hospitalization, and three new deaths
- Radford: 12 new cases and one new death
If you want to sign up to get a coronavirus vaccine or learn more about vaccinations in the New River Health District, click here.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.